FreeKibble.com
Friday, October 06, 2006
Happy Clock
Funny how, since I retired, Fridays and Mondays just aren't the same for me anymore. I am NOT complaining mind you, but for the past 40+ years I have lived for Fridays and dreaded Mondays. Every Sunday afternoon I would get so depressed because I knew I would have to get up in the morning to go to work. Now I don't even think about it anymore, except to know that my hubby has to get up and go to work.

It is strange how little things control our thoughts and actions all through our lives. Then suddenly those same little things no longer matter. I haven't let go of my clock yet though. I still have to be places at certain times on certain days, but those can be scheduled at MY descression. That is the beauty of my happy clock. We get to do things when WE want to not when a boss or someone else says to.

I am just getting used to life retired. It really does change your whole perspective about time. It is 1:30 am and I am up blogging instead of snoozing waiting for an alarm clock to ring. Happy clocks don't have alarms. That is wonderful!

Wishing you all Happy Clocks in your future.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:17 AM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Renee

    sigh~~~ I want a happy clock!

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I HAVE MY HAPPY CLOCK TIME OF LIFE!!!
    LARKSTER

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Happy clocks are pretty nice I must admit. And we don't have to commute in bad weather.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Im jealous of you and the happy clock!