FreeKibble.com
Friday, December 22, 2006
This is just too much.
I had to attend a funeral today and it has to be the most heart breaking one I have ever attended.

My housekeeper's son, age 16, shot himself early Wednesday morning while playing Russian Roulet. WHY WHY WHY would anyone play such a dangerous game, especially a 16 year old child?

All the other 'game participants' were over 18 and they all left him when it happened. One of them went home and told his/her parents that something had happened. That parents called the police and told them that something (they didn't know what) had happened so the police went there and found him.

All the other participants were arrested and charged with several violations. I think they should have all been charged with at least negligent homicide, but they were only charged with the contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and having an illegal weapon, and I think with posession of Marijuana.

My housekeeper (we will call her Nancy) was at her mother's house in town because her mother had had a stroke and she was taking care of her at home. The police went there with a picture of her son and asked her if that was her son, and told her he was dead. I can't even begin to THINK I know how she feels.

When I saw her today, she was just destroyed. All I could do is put my arms around her. She looked at me through her tears and said, "This is just too much." Bless her heart. What does one say to that?

This girl has had her share of problems. Her brother died a few years ago after a car accident. She had to pay for his funeral and she has no money. Financing the funeral was her only choice and she is still paying for that. Her daughter is mentally ill and has been since early childhood. The daughter recently had a baby that 'Nancy' has to take care of. In the meantime 'Nancy's' mother has had several strokes and can't walk, so 'Nancy' has to take care of her too. She also works 6 to 7 days a week cleaning houses. She keeps giving and giving and giving. But as she said, "This is just too much."

Please keep 'Nancy' in your prayers. She needs all the mental hugs and the prayers we can send her.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:23 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger beki

    I heard about this on the news. How awful! Poor Nancy, I can't even imagine.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Renee

    How awful, Cindy! Of course, I, who hardly ever catches the news, had no idea.
    Hope you had a Merry Christmas anyway.