FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Compromises!
I finally talked to myself about giving up what I had planned in order to accommodate others. In the first place, my sil did not end up coming with my brother, but my nephew and his wife did. That was fine.

After I found out they were all coming down here and after my spewing about how my plans were ruined, I had that talk with me about it all and decided that I was going to go on with my plans anyway.

I decided to cook a good meal so my mother would not have to cook for the crew and left it for all of them to eat. Tom and I went to Heather and Allen’s and had a great dinner there.

Then all of the others that had shown up there for dinner left, Tom and Allen and one of his brothers went to the woods to make new 4 wheeler trails (they lost all the trails during Katrina) and Heather and I took a nap. Now that is what I call a GREAT TIME! Just about the time we woke up from our nap, the guys came back and everybody was happy. By the way, the picture is of Heather and Allen's new puppy, Velma.

Yep, it turned out nice after all the bitching I did to you guys out there. Thanks for listening and I did get some great advice from a good friend. And after a lot of thought, I took her advice and did what I wanted to do.


Back at home, I did enjoy my brother’s visit. I talked at length with my nephew about his ‘on the way’ baby. They are due in May or June and he was being a little immature about it so he and I had to have a heart to heart.

He is young and as it turns out, he is scared to death. Once he told me that, then we were able to figure out what to do so that he wouldn’t have the fear anymore. He finally agreed that he needs to take a parenting class and some ‘for Fathers to be’ classes. With that settled, he seemed much better.

So the weekend turned out to be quite enjoyable for all. It was actually quite restful which is what I wanted all the time. Happy New Year to all!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:48 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Renee

    Glad everything turned out to be good, Cindy-Lou!