FreeKibble.com
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Sleepless Nights....sigh....

It is 2:09 am and everyone else is asleep (even the dogs) except me. I don't know why I can't sleep, but here I am, so I thought I would come in here and blog a little.

I had a busy week (when did I ever have time to work?) I had physical therapy Wednesday, aqua therapy that is. I enjoyed being in the pool and it was nice and warm. They had me do some things to try to strengthen my back and abdominal muscles so that these spasms will quit bothering me so much. I thought the exercises were fairly easy and really didn't bother me too much, so maybe this will work. At any rate, I am going back on Monday for another session.

Thursday.....I don't remember Thursday. Is it that I am getting older or do I have some sort of forget disease? I don't know, but I guess if I can't remember it, it must not have been very important.

Friday, I drove to Hammond to get a hitch installed on my truck, because my Mom's power chair carrier arrived in by UPS this week and I need the hitch to carry the chair. The man, Rick, said he had it in stock and gave me the price and off I went. Now Hammond is about a 45 minute drive from my house. In the first place, he gave me stupid directions and I got lost and ran around for about 20 minutes after I got to Hammond trying to figure out where Rick was. Finally found him and you won't believe it......no hitch in stock. Yep, you got it....I was pissed.

Rick, very apologetically, explained to me that he thought he had it in stock but that one was for a Rav4 and not for my vehicle. He had ordered mine but it wasn't in yet. He had failed to get my phone number when he made my appointment, so he couldn't call me to let me know it wasn't there. So off I went back to Baton Rouge. Now I have to make ANOTHER trip over there sometime this coming week to get, I hope, a hitch for my truck. I could get one in BR, but it would cost a lot more, so I am holding out for Rick.

Today, Tom and I went out to dinner with some friends we haven't seen for a very long time. This guy is a very old friend of Tom's and I don't really know them very well. After being around him for a while, I realized why we don't go out with them very often. The guy is strange to say the least. His wife is very shy and doesn't talk much so as soon as we were finished eating Tom and I left and went shopping.

We are in the market for a large screen TV. Need I say more? There are more kinds, types, sizes, with this attachment and that attachment, out there than you can shake a stick at. UNBELIEVEABLE! We have read and studied about all this crap until we are so confused, it's impossible to make a decision.

And then there was the trip to Wal-Mart before we came home. I couldn't believe it but all the shelves were empty of things like paper towels, dog food, clothes washing supplies, etc. It was 9:30 pm and they tell us the re-stocking crew is coming in at 10:00. Well that chapped my butt royally. They should be restocking all day. So, I had to bitch about that to the manager and let her know how unhappy I was about it. She was very nice and listened to me bitch and then told me I could come back in the morning and get everything I couldn't get tonight. All my bitching was wasted. She didn't care. So, I still have to go back to Wally world to finish my shopping anyway.

This is Sunday, so I think I will just stay at home and empty a box or two or three. We still have all that to finish and I am just plain lazy about it. I don’t want to do it, but I gotta!

Oh well, that's about all that I can come up with at 2:30 am. So I will say goodnight to all and check TV (the plain old kind) to see what's on at this time of the morning. Night all!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 2:10 AM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Renee

    Well, I have to say, Cindy, that none of that sounds like much fun. I thought it was looking up when you mentioned that y'all went out to dinner, but then, it went downhill again. Sorry about that.
    Maybe we can do lunch soon. That should be an 'up', right?!

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Sleep is merely a symptom of caffiene deprivation.