FreeKibble.com
Sunday, January 28, 2007
2006, a terrible year....2007 starting not so nice too
Thank you Renee and Daisy for your comments, prayers and thoughts.

2006 was quite a year . On New Years Eve 2005, my good friend Angele died; my house flooded in March 2006; then my grandmother died in May 2006; then another good friend Gwen died in June of Lou Gehrig's disease; then my sister's accident in July 2006 that nearly cost her her life; all the construction on my house started in August (still not QUITE finished, but mostly); Retirement in August (that was a good thing); my Mom's move into my house in September, another big adjustment, and now she is extremely ill; and that started January 8th.

People keep telling me to take care of myself and I really am trying but it is difficult. My brother, Frank, works one week on, and one week off. He has been here this past week and is supposed to go to work tonight, but he called while ago and said he is taking another week off. That made my day because I know he will be here another week to take on some of the Mom care.

He lives about 10 minutes from the Rehab Center, and I live about 40 minutes away. So he can get there a LOT quicker than I. I have been going pretty much every day but I DID take today off. Tom and I went yesterday for a couple of hours. I tried to get Mom to do some of her exercises and she got mad at me and told me not to come back today. So I stayed at home and worried about her all day.

Frank has been to the Rehab Center about 4 times today just to check on her and he has called me everytime to let me know her status. She is fair, but still is not eating much and not willing to do much either. But he got her up out of the bed and rode her around in the wheel chair for a bit, so that helped.

Tomorrow, I will go up there and spend some time if she is over being mad at me. She did call me earlier, so that was a good sign. LOL

I will give you all an update when I have more time. Please keep the prayers coming.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:09 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Yes, 2006 was a bad year. Hope 2007's better for us all!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger mox

    People are telling you the right thing, to take care of yourself. I know it's hard but if you don't then who's going to take care of you?

    Hang in there. Prayers for you.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kelli

    *hug *

    Cindy..Im so sorry..

    Thinking of you..