FreeKibble.com
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Making myself move
I made myself get up today and do some things around the house. I washed all the clothes (about 5 loads) and folded them or hung them as needed.


I went outside and sat with Tom for a long time while he was trying to pull a tree down. It's a big tree. I don't understand why he doesn't just CUT it down, but what do I know? Anyway while I was sitting there, I decided to get off my duff and go fill all the bird feeders.


I needed to do that. I love to see the birds and there are lots of them when I have the feeders filled. The cardinals are my favorite. Sometimes, I see an indigo bunting. Those are the most brilliantly blue birds I have ever seen. I haven't had any this year, yet, but my sister said she had seen some in her yard in Alabama. She didn't know what they were but when she decribed them, I knew. They are not regular bluebirds like we see around here a lot.

The first two pics above are the indigo buntings and the 3rd one is the eastern bluebird we are all familiar with.

Well, at least all these little birds will have food for a few days. I need to go to the store and buy some more seed. Maybe I will do that tomorrow.

Good night.

 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:09 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Cindy,

    How did the biopsy come out? I have had a punch biopsy before, where they take pretty much a metal straw and get a core sample of you. My opinion, they all suck. Painful and the reason you have to get one is never good.

    You are in my thoughts, my blog is but a click away if ever you need a good rant...

    Your far away friend,
    Kelli

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I've never heard of a indigo bunting before. They are so pretty. We get alot of cardinals around here and a few blue jays. The blue jays are loud and mean!

    I am so sorry you are having a hard time with your grief. I understand completely though. The only advice I can give you is to allow yourself to grieve and that it will get better slowly day by day. Still sometimes I miss my grandmother (who raised me) so bad that it aches and she passed in 1995. Read some of Sylvia Brown's stuff.