FreeKibble.com
Saturday, May 05, 2007
What else?
One of the things I have always told my family and friends, is NEVER to ask 'what else' or 'what next'. But here lately, I guess for the last year, one thing right after another has happened. Some of them not too too bad, and others are tragic.

I wrote last week about one of the tragic things that happened in my family and thank goodness we have had nothing tragic this week.

I went to the hand therapist on Wednesday and showed him my elbow and he immediately brought me over to see the doc because the elbow was infected. They had taken the staples out Friday a week ago and it was trying to open again. Soooooo, I got steri stripped and put on antibiotics. I am fine. I went again on Friday for Doc to look at it again and he said it is doing much better and he thinks it will be fine. Good! Whew!

Now something on my car that I have already had fixed once a few weeks ago, is now broke AGAIN! Damn it! I absolutely HATE sitting in a dealer waiting room while my car is being fixed (or is it?), but that is exactly where I will be this coming Tuesday. Sitting there again to get the same thing that was supposed to be fixed last time hopefully fixed this time.

And then my laptop which I used daily while sitting in the living room with my dogs in my lap went kupput. Tom and I thought it was the battery, so we ordered another battery ($140) and got it in, put it in the lap top and voila! Nothing. So I call technical support and they go through all the trial and error thingys with me and they tell me it's the A/C adaptor that is bad. Tom gets out his volt meter and tests the adaptor and it is putting out the volts it's supposed to. So now we think it's something internally where the A/C adaptor plugs into the back of the lap top. So he tells me it will take a couple of weeks for someone he knows to look at it and (maybe?) fix it.

Before my Mom died, her printer worked just fine. All the other printers in the house were not working so I would send things to Mom through email and have her print them for me. Well, up until last week, I haven't really needed anything printed. But I did then, so I sent it to Mom's email address which I have kept as a backup address, and low and behold, the item never arrived! WTF?

In the meantime, while waiting for the email to arrive on her computer, I looked around on her computer and found something that I wanted to print, so I turn on her printer, wait for it to boot up, click on print, and it printed, but it was completely illegable. I changed the ink cartridges, nothing changed. I went through printer repair, etc. Nothing. So I had to order a new printer.

I am fed up to the brim with all this electronic crap that doesn't work half the time and it's always fix this or buy that to replace some piece of crap that no longer functions. Why can't things just work they way they are supposed to and quit causing all this frustration!???

New printer is in now, so I am going to install it and see if it works. I think, if it doesn't, I will just take a hammer to it all. So if you guys don't see me for a while, I will be hammering and pitching a Cindy fit! That'll take care of it!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 4:50 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Did the new printer work? That's rather weird to have all of those electronic things go kaput at the same time more or less. Is somebody tryng to tell you somehting?

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    I have a similar rule, never answer a question that starts with "what if". Or to be more accurate, the correct answer to any question that starts with "what if" is" "I don't play the 'what if' game