FreeKibble.com
Monday, January 07, 2008
The rest of the story......
Just wanted to update everyone about the stray dog saga. I finally went to Petsmart and bought a collar, a leash, chew bones, and dog food for this white dog. (pictured below) She ate, drank lots of water, started walking with me on the leash and howling at the top of her lungs when I would leave her in the kennel in the barn.

Tom and I went to a wedding Saturday afternoon and we had left the dog in the kennel in the barn. When we got back, houdini had done it again. I know she is Houdini reincarnated as a beautiful white dog. She had actually pulled the kennel door INto the kennel (which is supposed to be impossible) and chewed the clasp and pushed the barn door open and was gone again. She had chewed the brand new leash into about 5 pieces. Amazing.

Anyway, we started looking for her again. We found her way in the back of the property and brought her back to the barn and kennel again. This time, Tom got a chain and chained her to a clothesline pole. Poor baby. It held her though.

Sunday, we went to the No-kill shelter in the next city over from us and the people there said they would take her, but not until today. Weepy I got so upset, I cried all the way back home. I just wanted her to have a safe place to live where she wouldn't get hurt.

Tom took off from work early today and came home and we went BACK to the shelter. They tried to tell me they couldn't take her at all. I got really pissed when they said that. They tried to tell me to come back tomorrow.Pouty I told them "NO WAY. They told me to come today and here I am!" They finally called the supervisor. She happened to be the one that told me yesterday to come back today,so she took the dog. I was so happy for that dog. The lady said she would worm her and give her her shots immediately. Now she is safe, she will be spayed, someone will love her. I am happy!

Walking Dog

There was a woman and a little girl watching the dog when we left. They were there to adopt a dog. Maybe that little girl will want her and they will get her and love her. I will believe that anyway. I can just see her playing with the little girl and sleeping right next to her, safe and happy...both of them.



 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:29 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: