FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Craft Fair Flop!
I spent $75 for a booth at the Craft Fair this past weekend. I spent untold hours making fabric Christmas trees and egg basket lamps. It takes me almost 4 hours just to make one tree. The comments were great! "look how beautiful", "these are gorgeous", "how unusual", "it must take a long time to make these", "these are sooooo pretty". And then they kept walking.

I sold NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! NADA!
I had CHRISTMAS trees! It's Christmas time people! Buy a dad-burned CHRISTMAS tree! Here are some pics of my merchandise.



Can I tell you, this is the first and LAST show I will do? I was exhausted. One the positive side, I made new friends, and I had lots of fun, but the work was "too much shit for a nickle."

Well, so much for that.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 3:34 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Marc

    Love the trees Cindy. My mom also has not had much luck selling at those events. She makes jewelery. Last week she was in new orleans all day and didn't sell a thing.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Sorry to hear about your lack of sales. I don;t know why they didn't sell, they are beautiful! I would have bought one!!!

    What is in the baskets in your pic? Is it ornaments?

    BTW, I finally checked email and saw your email. My guess is the ticker too. I am going to play around with some ideas and see if I can get it fixed for you.