FreeKibble.com
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Shattered glass!
Friday, something really strange happened to me. I was driving down the highway going toward town from our house. There was a man on the right side of the rode, very close to the edge, mowing grass with one of the ZTRs (zero turn radius lawn mowers). I was watching him and just as I passed him, I heard the loudest explosion sound! I nearly jumped out of my skin. I thought someone had shot at my car or something. But what happened was, his lawn mower threw a rock and it hit the rear passenger door window and shattered it.
Anyway, I was shaking like a leaf and in tears at that point because it scared me so badly. I turned around and went back to find the man and he ended up paying to replace my door glass. $215.00. I am glad I went back, because I sure didn’t have $200 to pay for a new door glass.

I went to the Glass Doctor in town Friday afternoon and they replaced the window, but when they were doing that, they broke the switch that makes the window go up and down. Now they have to order a new switch, so I have to go back there one day this week to get that taken care of. Man! What a day! And all I wanted to do was go to the Produce stand to get some fruit.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 5:03 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Wow, your luck (or lack thereof) sounds like mine! I am glad you are okay. The things we have to go through to get fresh produce. LOL

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    No mas fruit for you.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Gee whiz twin...............remember that happened to Ron and I a couple of years ago. We were on the side of the highway waiting for a tow truck to bring us gas, Ron forgot to get gas and we ran out just minutes from home,LOL Anyway, while waiting an 18 wheeler went by, our truck shook and the back window blew out, $400.00 later. We were not so lucky as to have him pay, he was going so fast no one got any info off the truck.

    Glad you're okay!

    Did you ever get the fruit, LOL

    Delta B#1