FreeKibble.com
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Another task accomplished....
Tom and I worked most of the day today cleaning out one of our two storage units that have been sitting in front of our house now for over a year. Here is a link to the post about them when they arrived. http://jus4tday.blogspot.com/2006/07/accomplished-weekend.html .
I have been looking out my front windows for over a year now and seeing nothing but the side of one of these units. Just getting rid of one of those things will save us $109 a month.

And I will be able to see my yard and the cars going down the road and the mail lady when she passes, and see the trees, squirrels & birds, and whatever else happens on the other side of the 'train car' storage unit.

Also, as soon as the storage unit is gone, then I can get the concrete poured to extend the length and width of the existing front patio. Once that is done, then I am putting a metal awning up to cover the entire patio and screen it in. I have already bought my porch furniture which include 4 chairs and a table that turns into a fire pit with a ledge around the fire to prop our feet or roast marshmallows. I also bought a fountain to make sitting on the porch with my feet up even more relaxing. I want an all-weather rug to lay on the concrete floor and last but not least, I have the wicker rocker ready to go out there too. I have it all lined up, just gotta get the train car moved first.

This was a dream Mom and I had dreamed and I am going to have it and enjoy it in her honor. She and I had planned to spend evenings out there with our little fire pit just sitting and talking or reading or what every came to mind. I may even put a small TV out there. It'll be a nice place to sit summer and winter and not get eaten by mosquitos or other pests. And even though she is not here in body, I know she is here in spirit, and she will enjoy the fact that it's finally finished.

Ok, I have rambled enough for now. Happy sleeping tonight!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:15 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: