FreeKibble.com
Thursday, October 18, 2007
More gone!

As of yesterday, I had already lost 12.5 #s. One week out from surgery. I did have a slight rough spot yesterday though. I won't go into details, but let's just say I had gotten a little dehydrated. I went through a very weak, nauseated spell for a while. I finally just had to go to bed at 8:30 because I felt so bad. I know that is part of the recovery process, but, right then, I sure felt like maybe I had made a serious mistake by doing this to start with. I don't feel that way today though because physically I am somewhat stronger.


Some folks still do not quite understand what I had done, so here is the photo again of what they did. They actually cut away most of my stomach (internally) and removed it from my body. Think of me standing in front of you, facing you. If you look at the photo to the right, there is a large portion of the stomach (pictured here as the right side, although physically it's the left side) that is cut away. It says "Portion of stomach which is removed".


This does nothing to change what I look like on the outside until the weight comes off. As the weight comes off, I will post some progress photos, so all can see the results.

Everyone has been very supportive and concerned about me and lots of friends & family members have called, or emailed me to checkup on me. Thank you all for your love and support.


As soon as I can drive again, (next Wednesday) I will be out and about visiting all of you again. We can still meet for lunch, I will just eat less! LOL

See you all soon!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 5:29 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Awesome progress! Lunch sounds good to me. Shall we meet at my place or yours? Maybe somewhere inbetween? LOL Keep up the fabulous progress and don't overdo, you aren't that long out of surgery.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    Glad you're doing better. :)