FreeKibble.com
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Giggles with Tom.....
I have been ordered by the Doc, not to drive until next week. So I have been stuck at home for 9 days and haven't been anywhere. I have been feeling a little better the last couple of days, so I asked my sweet hubby if he would take me to do a few errands. Normally, he would moan and groan about having to go all over town to take care of these things, but today he gladly agreed to drive me. It was nice.

We had to go to vote in our State Election; then across town to the Health Food store; then to pick up a dog house south of town; then to Lowes where he helped me figure out how to do one of my craft projects; then last, but definitely not least, to Wal-Mart. Gosh, it turned out to be a long day, but we had fun.

Several times we got tickled about something and just laughed and laughed. Once thing that struck our funny bones was when we stopped at Burger King to get Tom something to eat (I had to bring my lunch because of my current very restricted diet). Tom ordered his meal like this "a Whopper, hold the pickles and onions, NO cheese, just the whopper without cheese and a chocolate milkshake." The driver-thru speaker immediately burped at us and said, "Sorry sir the pickle machine is broken today. Ummm, I mean the shake machine." All we could do was howl in laughter. So the rest of the day, anything that went wrong was because 'the pickle machine was broken'. I know, I guess you had to be there.

But then later, we were sitting outside Wal-Mart waiting for a handicapped parking spot while the lady with the baby in the shopping basket, took forever unloading her groceries into her trunk. She very carefully placed each and every bag into a strategic spot. I am observing her maticulous placement and I suddenly popped out with "You know....she should have put the baby in the trunk first, because after she finishes unloading all the groceries into the trunk, the baby won't fit, and then she is going to have to ride him in the back seat."

Tom was silent for a moment and then burst out laughing. It finally hit him what I had said and we were off with the giggles again. No, I wasn't serious about putting the baby in the trunk, but the thought DID occur to my sick brain.

We were both exhausted when we finally arrived back at home, but we had a great day and one that will be remembered because of the broken pickle machine and the baby in the trunk.

Have a great day people, and LAUGH A LOT!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:22 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Now that was funny "pickle machine" down at Burger King, great headlines............LOL I think I laughed just as hard as ya'll.

    Karen