FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Over did it!
Yes, I over did things the past three days so I finally had to suffer some consequences. I forget that even though I am loosing weight, I had major surgery 12 days ago and I still have a bad back.

After helping Tom all afternoon on Sunday, my back was telling me to stop. I didn't. I went walking around Hobby Lobby yesterday with a friend for over an hour and then we went to The Dollar Tree for about 20 minutes. My friend kept telling me I was doing too much, to which I, of course, replied, "I'm fine". I wasn't fine.

By the time I got home, I was extremely energy depleted and in excruciating pain. All I could do was sit. I finally went to lay down for a little while. When Tom got home, I got up and came back to the living room and sat until bedtime.

Today I have spent the day resting, resting, and resting some more. I am feeling much better, and I have learned my lesson.

Tomorrow, I have a doctor appointment for my two week post-op check up tomorrow and I will be driving myself for the first time since surgery. That will tell me just how strong I am at this point. In addition, my blood pressure has steadily been rising since surgery (they took me off me BP meds) so that is something I need to discuss with doc tomorrow.

Will update you guys tomorrow evening.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 6:01 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hello dearie, I have not been in touch but I am keeping up with your blog posts. So glad you're doing better but don't overdo it any more.
    v

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    My surgery was 14 weeks ago. I remember those first weeks of pain.
    All the best to you.