FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
How it's presented...
When I was in the hospital after surgery two weeks ago, I was totally amazed at how pretty the food trays were when they got to our rooms. I kept telling my friends I felt like I was eating at a 5 star restaurant. All I was receiving was 2 ounces of strawberry sorbet or broth and 1 oz of Crystal Light, (I know, not much huh?) but it was set up so pretty, it just made all the difference.





I actually called the cafeteria at the hospital this week to speak to the Cafeteria Manager there to tell her how nicely the trays were presented and how I felt when eating my minute meals. Here is what she said "Oh, thank you. When I was a little girl, my Mama always told me 'It's not what you give a person to eat, it's how you present it. You can give them crackers and water, but if it's presented well, they will think they are eating steak and potatoes'. " And she laughed. But what she said was so true, and I can just imagine her mother telling her that. She sounded so sweet remembering her mother's words, I just had to share the story with you guys.





I met the lady behind this story today and I took her picture too. I won't identify her by name, but just look at the sweetness of her face. She gave me the biggest hug when she met me. Such a sweet lady.





Here is a picture of one of the dinner trays we were served and all the trays were presented just like this. How impressive! And such a sweet story behind them.

Notice the linen napkin covering the tray with another linen napking folded on the right. It has a small spoon inside it. The champagne flute holds the Crystal Light. And then there is a doilie under the scalloped edged cup holding my broth. Pretty.

Can you believe I was actually FULL after drinking this lunch???!!!!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:50 PM | Permalink |


1 comments: