FreeKibble.com
Monday, December 10, 2007
Christmas this year....

Christmas is coming up fast and furious. It puts stress on everyone. We all look forward to it and some of us dread it at the same time we look forward. This will be my family's first Christmas without Mom. I put out my ceramic tree this year instead of a real tree. Mom and I made the ceramic tree together about 15 years ago. She added the snow to the ends of the branches and I did the rest, so I thought it only fitting to display it especially this year.

I only have two more gifts to purchase and I will be done. Tom and I will be going this coming weekend to get things finished. We still need stocking stuffers for the 'kids'. It's funny that we all love our stockings so much. All of our kids a grown and in their late 20s and early 30s and our stockings are still such a treat.

This is my Mom last year. She got this fuzzy hat in her stocking. She loved it and it was so cute on her!

That is something I really enjoyed when I was coming up. The stocking my Mom put out for us always had the best stuff in them. I remember having gold earrings in the toe of my stocking one year, and a birthstone ring another Christmas. This is a tradition I have tried to keep alive in our family.


Everyone rushes in and the first thing everyone goes to is their stocking. They are always overflowing with stuff. I put everything I can think of from deoderant to tools and toys in the stockings. They are fun to do and fun to open. I enjoy watching everyone dumping out their stockings and going through the contents.

In the last few years, it suddenly occurred to Heather that I was the one doing my own stocking. When it hit her, she talked to Tom about it and started doing my stocking herself. It's been fun to open my stocking on Christmas morning and not know what's in it already. Now I get surprises too.


Now I need to get busy around here, so I will post more later.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:32 AM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Renee

    I always like stocking stuffers too! We get Lottery scratch offs in ours.