FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Starting a New Year.....
Along with everyone else, we are starting a new year. I haven't posted since Christmas Eve as we have been fairly busy.


We spent Christmas Day with my daughter's in-laws. That was nice. I didn't have to cook! Yahoo! This is the first Christmas in years that I didn't cook for everyone. That was different, and nice. Heather's MIL had some great food at her home. Of course, I didn't eat much, but ate what I could. It was a really nice day.


Since Christmas Day, Tom has had to fix the leaker in the front bathroom. The tank on the toilet started leaking. Actually it's been leaking for over a year, but it started pouring water on the floor, so he HAD to do something. He finished that today and is very proud of his work. It involved patching and painting the wall behind the tank, putting a brace behind the tank. It looks good and turned out really well.


There has been a dog hanging around our house for over a month. I think she is beautiful and if I didn't already have 3 dogs, I would keep her. Anyway we have been trying to find her a home. Two days ago, we found a lady who wanted her, so we caught her and put her inside our fenced yard and about 10 minutes later she was gone again. Later we caught her again and put her inside the barn with all the doors and windows closed. When we went back to take her out for a little while, she was gone again. Houdini or ghost?


Anyway, our next door neighbor kids caught her the 3rd time and put her in a kennel, so now she is BACK in the barn inside the kennel. Now the lady has changed her mind. UGGGGG! I have contacted one of the rescue societies and am waiting to hear if they will take her. We live on a major highway and I don't want her to get hit by a car. If I don't find a place for her by Friday, I am going to have to take her to a no-kill shelter in a neighboring city. There isn't one in our neck of the woods. I have to use someone elses name to take her to that one, so it's my last choice.

Here is her picture, if anyone knows anyone near Baton Rouge that might want her. Look at that smile!


Tom is going back to work tomorrow and I will resume my daytime usual. But this year has to be a better year than 2007.


Happy New Year everyone.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:19 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Cinny,
    It sounds like you had a very peaceful and pleasant Christmas, i am SO glad!!
    I wanted to tell you my friend in BR, Cathy Breaux is a major animal activist and very good at finding homes for animals. cmbreaux@bellsouth.net
    Maybe she could help, as that is a beautiful dog!! Happy New Year and I WILL see you soon! love you
    Larkster

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Renee

    Happy New Year, Cindy-Lou! We need to do lunch soon so I can get your Christmas gift to you.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Aww. That dog is beautiful! I wish that I could take her but I have my hands full with Shea. :( I hope you can find a loving place for her to go.