FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Stray horse???
I got home today planning to pile up on the couch and maybe take a little nap. Fatigue is beginning to set in from having the radiation treatments. Anyway I went to put the dogs outside and there was a HORSE in my backyard! He was just grazing and acting like he belonged there.

Now I am looking at this horse, thinking to myself , "Cindy you have had a lot of stray animals out here but NEVER a stray horse! Now what are you going to do about it?" I tried to approach him but he started moving away from me and I was afraid he would go into the road, so I moved between him and the road and called the sheriff. I stood out there for almost 2 hours before the sheriff showed up. Meanwhile, I called everyone I could think of and finally figured out who owned the horse, so I was able to tell the sheriff that information when he finally arrived. He went there and left word for the owner to come get the horse.

Also I had called the stables down the road from me and a man from there came up here to see if he could help me. It only took him about 5 to 10 minutes to catch the horse and put him in my fenced area. He was then safe until the owner came to get him.

Here is a couple of pics of “BUCK” the horse.

Buck told me this was his good side!


He wasn't real sure about me, but after I brought him a bucket of water, he thought I was pretty nice. So he let me pet him finally.

Here is Buck and his owner on their way back home. I kind of hated to see the old boy go, I mean the horse!

Quite an eventful afternoon. I just wanted a nap and got a horse instead!

 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:15 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi. I just wanted to leave a note that your entries about your mom made me cry. (I haven't been able to cry much since I lost my mother in June.) I'm sorry for your loss--before my mother became ill we were very close and then I took care of her for about 8 years.

    I wish you the best with your treatments and congrats on all your success with losing weight!

    All I did was search on "Practice patience as a means to an end," from a dove wrapper:-) On "Ask" your blog came up.

    Take good care of yourself!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    Aww, I love horses! I'm glad you were there to keep him from wandering into the road.

    He's very beautiful. :)

    I want a stray horse!!!

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger kraftykash

    A horse?????? And I thought my day was crazy! This gave me a good laugh...thanks!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow what a surprise! He sure is a beautiful horse...
    I hope yall Thanksgiving went well. Take care of yourself!
    Love, Toni McCarty