FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Double Good News!
Things are looking up here today. Yesterday my Breast doctor called me to tell me my results of the biopsy were good and today she called again. She had forgotten that she called me so late last night, but had printed the results for herself and then called me. Then today the lab sent her the results again, so she called again to tell me everything is ok. She apologized for calling me again, but I just told her that I considered that double good news and that I appreciated it again!
Funny how things work.

I did have some bad news today though. A friend (never met her face to face) that I have been talking to on the phone for a long time now (i'll call her P) about her father who had Altzheimer's died this morning. P and I had met through a mutual friend since both our fathers had that horrible disease. We have spent many hours on the phone supporting each other and listening to each other about our feelings and our experiences regarding Altzheimer's disease and our mothers' deaths, etc. Well, P called this morning about 7:30 and told me her father had passed very early this morning. I understand how she feels. He was her last parent, as Mother was mine. I also understand that she had mourned her father for a long time now because of the Altzheimer's taking his mind away long before now. I know how that feels.

I am going to attend the funeral tomorrow which is being held at the same place my Mom's was held. I think I can handle it, but if I can't, I will just leave. At the very least, I will just go to my Mom's grave and tell her about this man (although she probably already knows), because she and I used to discuss him after my talking to P. I would tell Mom how things were going and how P's father was doing. My Mom was always concerned about him and about P.

Keep P's family in your prayers. I will pray for courage to go support her and meet her face to face for the first time as well as for peace for her and her family.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:22 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Whew! I am so happy to hear the good news about your biopsy! I know that is a load off of your mind. When I had a pap smear come back showing signs of cervical cancer many years ago they made me wait from Feb 8th until May 10th to have the operation removing the cervix. They would know how bad or good it was until they removed the cervix and sent it to pathology. The waiting is the worst part of anything like that. Mine was okay in the long run obviously. I am so glad you didn't have to wait months.

    I am also glad you webt to the grief support meeting. It does help to talk to someone else going through the same thing doesn't it?

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That double good news is great!

    K