FreeKibble.com
Saturday, May 26, 2007
A fun day!
Even though we did a lot of work around here today, it was fun. I worked in the pool for about 2 hours, vacuuming it out and cleaning it up so now, it is actually usable! Plus I enjoyed just being in the water for a while.

Tom pulled a big ole pine tree down today because it was leaning toward our neighbors house. I don't think it would have reached it had it fallen, but we just wanted to make sure. So down it came. Now he is out there burning pine branches and sticks and limbs, etc. He loves to burn things. So he is in hog's heaven right now.

I got my Mom's power chair out and went all around the yard with Tom. I usually can't do it because I can't walk that far, but today I decided since she left it to me, I would get it out and use it and I really enjoyed being able to run around the yard and help Tom and just be with him. It was nice. We played and joked and talked and it was nice.

There was only one bad part of today. Gretchen, our Min Pin, had some kind of something on her left side Thursday when I picked her up from the vet. I had taken all three dogs in to get their yearly shots, and get their nails trimmed, etc. Anyway, I didn't think much of it then, just that maybe that was where they gave her shots to her. (She is a free bleeder) I just thought maybe she bled a little bit when they gave her shots, but it was in an odd place where they don't usually give shots.

I didn't think much more about it until this morning when I took her outside and was holding her to go put her inside the fenced area of the year and when I set her down, there was blood in my hand! WTF!? I looked at her side and it was yuck, yuck, yuck! Her hair was coming off in that area too. So I grabbed her and brought her back in, called the vet and rushed her up there for him to look at her.

We don't know what it is, other than some sort of bite, but he kept her and is going to watch her over the weekend and he put her on antibiotics too. He said because she bleeds so easily, he wanted her there where he could keep an eye on her. Poor baby. Tom was upset about that, because he LOVES that dog. It would tear him up if something happened to her. But I think we caught the infection quick enough that it will heal.

Well, that's all for now. I am hungry and need to eat. I feel my sugar dropping. See ya!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 5:32 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Renee

    Glad you had a good, productive day, Cindy-Lou. So did I. I went absolutley nowhere, and it was great. I washed all the clothes in the house (a huge feat in this house), washed the inside and out of my car, cleaned out my kitchen drawers, ironed, and played with my kids. I loved it.

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Kelli

    I made it to California!!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    See, your mama is with you, you two were running all over the yard after Tom, LOL...............I can just see you ............. LOL

    K

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Hey, crazy lady...Whatcha been up to?