FreeKibble.com
Saturday, June 30, 2007
A Busy Friday & Lazy Saturday
Yesterday, Friday, I spent the entire day away from home and none of it was business related, just pleasure.

I left home about 10:00 am and went to the drugstore, then to get my nails done. I always enjoy chatting with the girl that does my nails. She and I have the same birthday (years apart tho') and she is from a totally different side of the world. She is Vietnamese and came to the US about 10 years ago. She has several sisters that live nearby and they are all very close to each other. A loving family, obviously. Her mother passed away after they came to the US and is buried in the same cemetery as my Mom. I love learning about her culture and their traditions. She is always willing to tell me about anything I want to know. Very interesting lady and culture.

I met a friend for lunch afterward and when we finished eating, we visited the cemetery. Her father is there as well. (Odd, now I am making cemetery friends.) Anyway, after our visit there, we went to her house and visited there for several hours. She has a very cozy backyard with lots of plants and a nice covered patio area. Maybe one day, my back yard will be that cozy.

Late in the afternoon, I met another friend at a local Mexican restaurant. It was to celebrate her birthday that was this past Wednesday. When all was said and done, there were approximately 23 people there to share this with her. It was nice. A lot of the people I used to work with were there and it was nice to see and visit with all of them. It's been years since I have seen some of those folks. It was like old home week. Tom joined us when he got off from work and we had dinner with the group. After dinner, Tom and I left and came home to take care of the dogs.

Tom is so special to me. I don't say enough about him. He is always willing to meet me and friends for dinner after work, or to take off to take me to the doctor. He takes such good care of me and obviously loves me dearly and I him. Since I have retired, I miss him a lot when he is at work. I know I don't do enough for him. He is even working today and it's Saturday. He hinted that today would be a nice day to make brownies. LOL I think I will go do that for him. He loves brownies and it would be nice to have some for him when he gets home from work. I know it will make him smile.

Have a nice Saturday everyone.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:52 AM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Kelli

    It sounds like you are in a good 'place' right now. That was a very relaxed post...I am smiling for you. Have a blessed day as well!!