FreeKibble.com
Sunday, June 03, 2007
A really nice weekend.
I know some folks are getting some bad weather from Tropical Storm Barry, but because of it going to the east of my house, we have had great weather.

Tom and I did our Wal-Mart trip last night after going out to eat and I got some things I have been needing to organize my pool supplies and such. I got this huge storage container from Rubbermaid that has a lid that lifts on it. I was able to put all my chemicals, hoses, extra connections, etc. in it and get all that stuff in one place so that it's easily accessible to the pool. That way I don't have to find it on the back porch and lug it up to the pool deck to do what I need to do.

I spent a lot of float time in the pool this weekend while Tom cut up and burned a pine tree he pulled down last weekend. When he gets really hot, he comes over and gets in the pool for a short while and cools down.


I had been having a lot of trouble with the water and getting it all cleared up this year but finally, it is crystal clear and very enjoyable.

When my Mom moved in here last summer, she brought 3 patio chairs with her and I had them sitting on the pool deck all this time. I decided I needed to put them on the porch so that the sun won't dry rot the backing and sitting parts. Well they were very dirty and even had two wasps nests on them. We killed the wasps and I got busy cleaning them up.
If you have never used Mr. Clean's new Magic Eraser, you haven't lived. Those things are great! I brought those filthy chairs around to the water hose, wet 'em down and just rubbed (doesn't even take elbow grease) with one of these erasers and like 'magic', they came clean immediately! Those are the best things since sliced bread, I tell you. I am NOT a scrubbing kinda gal. If I have to do WORK to accomplish something, forget it. It's not that I am lazy, I just don't wanna strain myself! lol

Father's Day is coming up in a couple of weeks and I need to see what the kids want to do. I was hoping to have a pool party with burgers on the grill or something like that. We will see.

Anyway, it's been a good weekend.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 4:11 PM | Permalink |


5 comments:


  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Well count me in for that pool party on Fathers day because that pool looks so cool and inviting! I have often dreamed about buying a pool but when I think of the trouble you have to go to with the maintenance I back down. Greg is afraid it will damage his precious grass anyway. Men!

    I still have a lawn chair of my Grandma's in the storgae shed. It was ready for the dumpster when she gave it to me 15 years ago. You can imagine how bad it looks now. I can't bring myself to throw it away though.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Renee

    I LOVE Mr. Clean Magic Erasers too. I discovered them a few months back and fell in love.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Kelli

    I can't even remember what I did before those wonderful magic erasers came into my life. I told the cleaning lady at work about them and she did a much better job from then on...and then my cleaning lady at home tried to tell my about them. I said, "can you imagine what this place would look like if I didn't use them?" DUH! Don't think the walls are clean because I actually scrubbed them with a regular sponge!! Hah! Not me, I'm not that kinda girl either!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger beki

    I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice weekend. I sure wish I had a pool to float around in ;)
    I almost called you yesterday becasue I was in the mood to take a little ride out your way, but then I got in a funky mood. Darned hormones!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    My Cinnie!

    I use those Mr. Clean Erasers on the exterior of our trailer, cleans up like a charm and so much cheaper than the cleaner they tell you to buy! I like cheaper like you like easy clean up, LOL

    I'll be able to float in a pool or lake now. Pools are open at the park and the lake if not a bad temp. either. We'll enjoy Father's day up there is weekend!

    Lov ya
    Karen, Ron and SHEBA!