FreeKibble.com
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Rain keeping me from the pool
Not much going on around here. Everytime I decide to go get in the pool, I look at the sky and it's clear with small white puffy clouds (the kind I like) and then within 10 minutes, the sky is nasty gray and the rain is coming. It doesn't last long, but it just ruins the mood. It did that twice to me today.

I went into town today and had lunch with my ex-coworker, Marc. We went to LaMadeline's (sp?). I enjoyed seeing him. I realized it has been 9 months since I retired while I was talking with him. It is amazing how many things have happened in my life since I retired. It just shows how fast time goes by. We sat for about an hour and just chatted about all sorts of things, and I realized how much I miss our conversations we used to have everyday at work. So Marc, if you read this, you know how much I enjoyed our visit AND our lunch. Hope you did well at Chocolage.

After I left Marc, I went and had my nails done, then went to Anna's Linens and bought 5 sofa pillows because I hate the ones I had before and then I went to PayLess shoes and bought nothing (good for me). On the way home, I stopped at the drug store and the small local grocery and made it home in time to spend time in the pool, but then the rain. I won't go into that again.

The pillows: I bought 5, but I am taking 2 back because I don't like the way they look with my furniture. I love the first 3. They are about 18 inches square and 2 are burgundy and 1 is deep beige and all three are fringed (1" fringe) all the way around. They are full and would be great for taking a nap on the sofa. The 2 I didn't like were some sort of slick fabric and it looks like different colors depending on the angle you are looking. I am going to exchange them for another burgundy and another beige fringed one.

I am getting rid of all my ceramics greenware and bisque that I have a gazillion boxes of in the storage unit. A lady is supposed to come here this weekend and pick it all up. I will keep my brushes and tools, but the rest is history. I need to get rid of so much stuff that I just don't need any more and all it's doing is taking up space. I am trying to clean out our the first of those two train cars Train Cars in front of my house, so we can get rid of them so I can build my porch.

The porch will look something like this on the inside, but it will be flat on the ground with a concrete floor and a white steel awning for a roof. I can't wait to get that built so I can enjoy sitting outside watching the birds late in the evening without all the bugs and mosquitoes attacking me. It will have different furniture too. I have already picked out the furniture from Wal-Mart that I will put out there. It includes a firepit table for cool fall and winter evenings. I can't wait.
Well, I guess that's enough info for now. As I get the porch going, I will take pictures of the progress. I am certainly hoping to have it finished before fall.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:22 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Renee

    I can't wait to see your porch progression, Cindy! I love the one in the pic.
    (I wish you'd have lunch with this old co-worker) :(