FreeKibble.com
Monday, August 27, 2007
People don't like my melting head!
I have gotten some comments about the melting head on the previous post, but that is really how I felt. Sorry. I thought it was a very good analogy of the way I felt. I felt like the witch on Wizard of Oz, "I'm Mellllllttttinnnnggggg!"

Ok, it's better now. Of course the weather is not as hot either right now. Last week we had temps in the triple digits with very high humidity. It was so hot, that when you walked outside it would take your breath away. I didn't even want my poor dogs to have to go out to pee.
We are getting a little bit of rain now so things have cooled down.


We still have the A/C problem, but they are supposed to come back tomorrow and relocate one of the units as they put them too close together and they are cancelling each other out. It's sort of hard to explain, so I am hoping what they said they will do will take care of the problem.

Yesterday afternoon about 3:20 pm we had a little thunderstorm move through here and my power went off and stayed off until 9:45 pm. That sucked. It got pretty hot in here. I was lucky because I had made plans to go eat with some friends, but Tom was here and ended up sitting in his truck with the A/C running for a while to cool off. I am really just rambling because there is nothing going on really.

I have an appointment with the gastric bypass doctor Wednesday. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I have decided to have the surgery. I have to get this weight off somehow and dieting just ain't happening! Tom will go with me to visit the doctor so we can get our questions answered.

I am considering two different types of surgery.....one is gastric bypass and the other is vertical gastrectomy. I have to pay cash because insurance will NOT pay for this type of what they consider 'elective' surgery. Idiots. This surgery will save my life and ultimately cost them less in the long run. Vertical gastrectomy is cheaper by about $7,000. So that is why I am considering that one, but I have lots of questions about its success rates. At any rate, by this time next year, there will be half of me left and I will be much healthier and happier.

If anyone has had these surgeries or knows someone who has, ask them to email me so I can talk to them about their experiences.

Ok, I am done. Good night.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:17 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    One year our AC broke during a heat wave. It was 30 years old at least. We ended up staying a couple of nights at a hotel because it was so hot. We even took the dog with us. The day after the put the new AC in the heat wave broke and it wasn't hot again until the next summer. Figures...

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, Cindy,

    Mox sent me a link to your blog and asked me to drop you a line.

    My wife and I both had gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago, and I would be more than happy to answer any question yo may have. We have both had great experiences, but some challenges, too.

    The best line I've ever heard about this surgery is that the hardest part about getting through it is from the neck up, not the neck down.

    You can check out my blog, or give me an email anytime at disappearingjohn(at)gmail(dot)com

    John

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Feel free to visit my blog at www.fam5.com and click on the WLS catergory and you can read about my vertical gastrectomy surgery I had Aug 2005.

    Good luck