FreeKibble.com
Saturday, August 18, 2007
18 years!
Today is mine and Tom's 18th wedding anniversary. Gosh, so many things have happened in these 18 years. It's hard to even think about where our lives have taken us over the years. We have built fun memories, sad memories, tragic ones, hilarious ones and everything in between. We talk a lot to each other, laugh a lot and have cried a lot. We have fought and made up and loved each other no matter what. Can't say we always liked each other, but the love has always been steadfast. Happy Anniversary to us! I love you Tom.


It's been a month since my last post. Sorry, it's been so long. I was in a deep slump again, completely filled with sorrow. Last week, I felt like I had lost everything and everyone in my life. My sister (the one in the wreck last year) and I had a huge disagreement and now she won't even speak with me at all. It was all over trivial crap, but apparently she is going to hold onto it for a while. I have called, left messages, apologized, and even wrote her a letter apologizing for my part in it all but she has chosen to ignore it all. So now, the ball is in her court. I can't do any more than I have already done. As I said, it was all so trivial I can't imagine her holding onto this like she is, but it's about her now and not about me, so I have had to let it all go.


Heather was here a couple of weeks ago and bought the cutest little puppy ever. She is a Yorkie Poo. Her name is Lacey and here is her picture. She is my new granddog and I love her so much. She is such a ball of activity that makes me laugh all the time. She loves to throw her own ball and go get it and bring it back to where she was when she threw it the first time. She weighs 2 pounds right now and is 11 weeks old.

Lacey and Heather are here with us for the weekend. Allen is coming in when he gets off from work this afternoon. We are all going out to eat tonight for our anniversary dinner. I still haven't decided where I would like to go, but I am thinking Olive Garden. But I might change it to Ralph and Kakoo's. We don't go there very often and it's really good food.

Last weekend, I went to a retreat for women. It was a very awesome experience for me. It lifted my spirits and helped me learn more about myself and my feelings. I even ended up in a small group of women who had all recently lost someone in their lives and that helped too, because we all had something in common and were able to hold each other up. I am so grateful that I was there and know it was the Big Man upstairs who led me there and grouped me with those particular women.

Well, just wanted to let you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, although last week, I just wanted to step off the edge, but I am back and stronger now. Love to you all!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 12:03 AM | Permalink |


0 comments: