FreeKibble.com
Friday, January 18, 2008
By Monday?
Hopefully, by Monday, I will break 60 lbs. lost. I am still doing really well. I need to exercise more, but I don't do well (and never have) in that area. In highschool, I was so active, ran track, played volleyball, basketball, etc. But now, just to walk up and down the drive way and around our property takes all my resolve. I should just get my camera out and go outside and walk around to take pictures, but here I sit.

As I told you guys earlier this week, I went to have my hip injected Monday and had good results with that. It is much better and not causing me nearly the pain it was. It was keeping me awake at night, but I am sleeping again, so that's a great thing.

Oh! I got a part-time job. I know....I said I probably would not work any after I retired, but I found something that I think I will really like and I don't have to work if I don't want to. I am a driver for new automobiles. Sometimes dealers have to swap vehicles or go to another dealer to get one for a customer. I have been hired to drive the new ones from dealer to dealer. The man I am working for will call me and tell me where to go to pick up either a program car or a new car and where to deliver it. I should start getting calls next week.
Occasionally, they need two drivers, usually when you have to take the program car to drive to the other dealer to pick up the new car and both come back. Sometimes, I will fly to another city and pick up the new car and drive it back, depending on how far away it is. (Maybe I should invest in a GPS system) They pay a flat rate depending on the distance, plus any expenses, including hotels, flight costs, and food. Anyway, I am looking forward to it. I'll see how it goes. I know it's not a get rich quick thing. Just something to do. And when Tom retires in 3 years, we can be a driving team if he wants to join me.
More later. Have a great weekend.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:51 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: