FreeKibble.com
Friday, August 31, 2007
Lots of support!
I have lots of support on my decision to have the Gastric Sleeve done. I even found out that one of my friends I hardly ever see may have her surgery on the same day by the same doctor at the same hospital. How cool is that! I told her we should ask for rooms next to each other. LOL

I still haven't heard a word from my sister. I thought about calling her to tell her about the surgery date but then I decided not to. Since she hasn't chosen to call or contact me an any way, I guess I will just let that dog lie. I have already tried to mend fences enough without laying down and begging. It's rediculous to me that she has let this stupid crap get this far, but that is how they (my half siblings by my natural father) were raised. If she doesn't want me in her life, that is her choice. It's sad. But I can live with it if I have to.

Update on my son.....he is still in Cenikor Recovery Center and has been now for 54 or so days. He is doing well with the exception of an absessed tooth. They had to send him to the emergency room to get that taken care of until he could get to the dentist. One more month (probably right before surgery) I will be able to go see him. They can't have visitors for the first 90 days. I am looking forward to our visit. We write letters back in forth and he sounds really good in his letters. He writes very well. Please pray that he continues with his recovery process.

Heather and Allen and of course, Lacey, my granddog, are coming for the night tomorrow night and I can't wait to see them all, especially the dog.........Sorry Heather. I think Kirk and Deirdre will be here on Sunday and we are going to cook hamburgers on the grill.

You can find my recipe for those on Yahoo Groups Recipe_Favorites. Check it out and join if you haven't already. That's all for today. Nothing too big going on.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:31 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Hi, honey!!! Just passing through checking in on everyone. We made a major move and I no longer live in the hill country of TX. I'm a Gulf of Mexico resident now!! We moved about two weeks ago. Vincent went back to Cali right away (he did get to fly home this weekend, but they said it's the only time because work is about to get fast and crazy) We are almost settled in and it's time to come back to the computer again.

    I see you will be having a little surgery in the near future! About 13 years ago, my mom had gastric segmentation done. This is where they put a Dacron band around your stomach , creating a 2 oz. pouch at the top of the stomach. She lost alot of weight...now she went through hell in the beginning, so I will pray ALOT for you. Apparently this is yet another pain we go through as women. Anywho, she lost about 120 lbs, closed both of her stores, bought a red sports car and divorced my dad. Not saying that will be your path...by any means!!!!! But I will say that to this day, we all know that after we eat with mom, she has to stop to go throw up. (Didn't know a nice way to say that) Apparently when the 2 oz stomach is full, there is no where to go but up. She has also yo-yo'ed with this. At one point gaining more than half back...but has since lost it again.

    Well, I didn't really mean to have this comment go into a 'cons' direction...because there are plenty of pros!!! She can now SHOW her grandbabies how to do headstands and be a 'Lolly'that can roll around and have fun with them for MANY years to come!! And I like that!!!

    As far as the insurance paying...mom had her gall bladder taken out at the same time, so insurance paid for it. Has anyone mentioned this? It's worth looking into!!

    I wish you the best with this. You will be in my thoughts as always!! ~ K