FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Obesity Surgery Plans October 11, 2007

Ok, folks, here it the decision. Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. That is what I am going to do. For those of you that don't know me personally, I am just a tad, ok a LOT, overweight. This has caused and is causing me a lot of health problems, from high blood pressure to back to knee problems and more. I have trouble walking or standing for any length of time, can't fit comfortably in an airplane seat, can't sit in a booth when I go out to eat with my friends, etc. These are only a few of the problems faced. And let's not even discuss the depression issue.

Recently my family and I went out to eat for mine and Tom's anniversary at a restaurant in town. There were six of us and when the hostess brought us to our table, it was a booth. I stood there looking at the seat KNOWING I couldn't sit in it. I was so embarrassed. I quietly told her I could not fit in the booth and she was very nice and said, “no problem, I will get you a chair and you can sit on the end of the table” (sticking out in the isle), but it worked. Never-the-less, I was humiliated. My husband said I handled it well without letting anyone know how embarrassed I was. But he knew and I knew.

I have thought about having this surgery for several years, but just didn’t have the money to do it. My insurance will not pay for it, even though it’s medically necessary. But you know, God does for us what we can’t do for ourselves. My grandmother (who passed away over a year ago) had written me into her will to get part of the proceeds from the sale of her home and though it isn’t very much money, it’s enough for me to have this surgery.

So here is what I am going to do on October 11, 2007. The pictures below will show you what will be done. With the three pictures included in this blog you can see exactly what will be done to reduce my stomach to the size of a large egg.
I am really excited to be able to finally get this done. I have talked to many people that have been through it and they are all having wonderful results. The average weight loss is 15 to 20 pounds per month. At that rate, by next year this time, I will be wearing clothes a LOT smaller than I wear now. And I will be a lot healthier too. Most cases are able to stop all medications for blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes (I don't have), and cholesterol meds, etc.
My last hoorah is our vacation we have planned for September 21 thru 30th. We are going to be in Destin and the kids will all be joining us for the first family vacation ever. I want to be able to eat this year, but next year, I will be able to walk to beach too!
Pray for me and my family as we approach this huge life style change.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:55 PM | Permalink |


7 comments:


  • At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am SO excited for you and know this will be totally successful! Changes are hard (the unknown parts of it) but this is such a good change!
    I love you so!!!! and always have you in my daily prayer no matter what.
    You have ALWAYS been a hero to me!
    love, PLC

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Renee

    I am SO happy for you, Cindy! I think this is a great idea and know that it will be affect your life greatly.
    I love you.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    I am happy you can finally have this done for yourself. :)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey My Cinnie!

    We are so happy for you! We along with all the Delta B's will be thinking of you on October 11th. That is the same day that we, Delta B's, will be having our first Delta B gathering. Of course we'll be missing #4, you! How cool is that, it's the same day! Must mean something. We'll be sure to have a special toast to you! We'll have to order you a new shirt, LOL Take care, our prayers are with you!

    Lov ya!
    Miss ya!
    Standing by ya!

    Karen, Ron and Natasha

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    That's awesome! I am glad God opened a door for you to have this surgery. I think it will made a huge impact in your life in a good way. I'm here for you!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger beki

    Good for you, Cindy, for making this decision. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery!!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    I will wear my Delta B's shirt proudly until it falls off me! I am glad you all will be thinking of me the day of surgery while you are having a great time! Eat for me too while you are toasting!